“I Was Checking Something Inside Her Private Part” – 35-Year-Old Man Caught With 6-Year-Old - Ofofoloaded

Home » News

“I Was Checking Something Inside Her Private Part” – 35-Year-Old Man Caught With 6-Year-Old

By OfofoLoaded | July 29, 2019 0

A 35-year old man, Ukeme Dominic, caught defiling his neighbour’s 6-year old girl, told the Police that he did not rape her but was only checking something inside her private part.

The incident happened at Oremeji Street, Alapere area of Lagos, where they reside.

The Police asked Dominic to explain what he was checking inside her the 6-year old’s private part but he was unable to offer any reasonable explanation.

It was gathered that the suspect, Dominic, returned early from work around 3pm when the victim’s parents were not around, lured the victim into his apartment and allegedly tampered with her private part.

When the parents returned from work, they observed that the victim was not comfortable as she continued to touch her private part. The mother was said to have asked to know what the issue was.

She then complained that someone had tampered with her private and then mentioned Dominic as being responsible.

The matter was reported to the Police and Dominic was arrested. He was later transferred to the Gender Section of the Police Command.

During interrogation, the suspect denied that he raped her and reportedly said that the closest he went was when he checked something inside her private part and left her. But it was gathered that the medical report conducted on the victim suggested that she was defiled.

The Police found him culpable and charged before the Ogba Magistrates Court for the alleged offence.

The Court did not take his plea after the prosecutor, Supol Benson Emerhi, asked the Court to refer the matter to the DPP for advice because the victim was a minor.

The Presiding Magistrate, Mrs. O. Sule-Amzat, ordered the defendant, Dominic, to be remanded in prison custody without an option of bail.

The Court also directed the prosecutor to duplicate the file and send to the DPP for advice. The case may be transferred to the High Court if the DPP finds him culpable and recommends his trial. If he is tried and found guilty, he may spend some years in prison custody for the alleged offence.

More On

Join the Discussion

No one has commented yet. Be the first!

Leave a Reply